“You awake? I was thinking if the sun stays out, we might take some sandwiches down to the park. You know – commune with nature, feed some ducks…” “I’d rather not.” “If it’s too windy, we could always go see … Continue reading
I am a mother, partner, writer and reader. I also have a busy but enjoyable nine-to-five.
I write mostly slice-of-life, urban realism and a little bit of speculative fiction. I have a story published in Eighty Nine - a speculative fiction anthology published by Literary Mix Tapes (2011). I have also contributed stories to the Tiny Dancer and Deck The Halls anthologies (to be published by LMT in 2012).
In my spare time I enjoy slow walks along the toilet paper aisle of Coles, BBQ's in the sunshine, reading entire days away and ambushing unsuspecting flora and fauna with my trusty Nikon D80.
P.S. I have an almost encyclopeadic knowledge of Monty Python quotes and am not afraid to use them. Be warned.
- RT @charliepick: Thanks twitter! http://t.co/MLkoxFtBMv 4 days ago
- And now Twitter tells me it's #WorldBookDay so now there's NO excuse not to read a book. Today. Right now, get your book on. Fkn love books. 4 days ago
- You know that feeling, when you're so close to putting your own words down, & then books happen & you HAVE TO READ THEM? I fkn love books. 4 days ago
- #LightTheDark http://t.co/pFHtGfo9wZ 2 weeks ago
- RT @leetranlam: #LightTheDark for the kind of Australia that offers 2nd chances for asylum seekers instead of cruelty & punishment. http://… 2 weeks ago